Authors should prepare an extended abstracts of four (4) pages that clearly indicates the originality of the contribution and the relevance of the work. The extended abstract should include the title of the paper, names and affiliations of the authors, an abstract, keywords, an introduction describing the nature of the problem and the state of the art in the field of interest, a description of the contribution, the results achieved and their applicability, conclusions, and references.
Extended abstracts and full papers must be prepared according with the IEEE templates, available online at
How to write for Technical Periodicals & Conferences
Please review the following IEEE Publication regarding How to Write for Technical Periodicals & Conferences
Submission of the abstact
To submit an extended abstract, authors must register on the MetroAeroSpace Conference System, via the following web link:
After registration, authors are allowed to submit the prepared abstract. Abstact must be submitted in PDF format, before February 26, 2017, to the MetroAeroSpace Conference System at the following address:
Authors must verify that all fonts used in the manuscript are embedded within the PDF file.
However, it is not necessary to verify the generated PDF file using IEEE PDF eXpress tool, as it is required only for the full paper to be included in the Conference Proceedings.
Once registered, authors receive a paper ID and an e-mail confirming the successful submission, and they can verify the state of their submission.
Submitted papers are evaluated by at least two (2) peer reviewers, who judge the paper according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to the conference topics;
- Quality of presentation;
- Significance of treated topic;
- Novelty of the given contribution.
Paper acceptance and preparation of the full paper
Since the workshop proceedings are going to be published in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, the file containing the final version of the paper must be converted to PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress web tool, or if the PDF file has been generated by another software, it must be checked by the IEEE PDF eXpressweb tool. PDF files not either generated by or approved by IEEE PDF eXpress are not eligible.
To generate the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
- Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account by going to: http://www.pdf-express.org and using Conference ID: 40336X (Active from April 14th)
- upload the source file (containing your paper) for conversion
- receive by e-mail the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper. Once you’ve received your PDF file, upload it to the conference website: http://www.metroaerospace.org/ocs
To upload the final paper, authors must login to the MetroAeroSpace Conference System at:
- After login, the list of author-submitted papers is shown. Click on "N Active";
- Select the submission by clicking on the paper's title
- Click on "Review" link;
- In section "Director Decision", upload the final paper in correspondence of the item "Upload Author Version"
- In addition, for the paper to be published, authors must upload a signed copy of the IEEE copyright-transfer form available online at:
- In order to upload the IEEE copyright-transfer form, click on "Summary" link
- In section "Submission", click on "Add a supplementary file"
- PowerPoint Templates are available for MetroAeroSpace 2017
- MetroAeroSpace Logos in different sizes
The duration of a presentation slot is 20 minutes. You will have 15 minutes for the presentation itself and 5 minutes for questions from the audience.
A LCD projector & computer will be available in every session room for regular presentations.
Preparation of Visuals:
PLEASE NOTE THAT INDIVIDUALS USING COMPUTER PROJECTION MUST BRING A MEMORY STICK CONTAINING THEIR PRESENTATION. Files can be uploaded to the local PCs in the lecture rooms during the breaks between the sessions. To avoid software compatibility problems (MS Powerpoint), speakers are advised to bring a .ppt or .pptx or PDF-version of their presentation.
Speakers should arrive in their session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of their session to report to the chair person. A proctor will also be available in case you need technical assistance.
Speakers are strongly encouraged to visit the Speaker Preparation room in advance of their presentation to avoid any last minute problems. The Speakers' Preparation room will be open during the sessions.
- PowerPoint Templates are available for MetroAeroSpace 2017 [DOWNLOAD PPTX]
There will be a number of posters presented during the Conference, exhibited at each poster session. In order to make these sessions run smothly, some cooperation from the poster exhibitor is necessary. Please make sure your poster is put up before the start of the session, and is removed after the session has ended.
The recommended format is A0 portrait: 84.1 cm x 118.9 cm (33.1 in x 46.8 in)
Please include a 5 cm x 5 cm photo of the presenter in the upper right hand corner of the poster, and underline the name of the presenter in the author listing.Your posters will be attached to the panel with push pins, which will be available on the panel. Double sided tape will also be available. If you need more pins, please contact the poster area proctor. After you have removed your poster, please leave the pins on the board.