Authors of papers presented at IEEE MetroAeroSpace 2020 may submit a technically extended version to the Special Issue of IEEE J-MASS - The Journal on Miniaturization for Air and Space Systems.
The IEEE Journal on Miniaturization for Air and Space Systems (J-MASS) is a new technical journal devoted to covering the rapidly evolving field of small air and space systems such as drones and small satellites. These platforms offer new, low-cost ways to accomplish a wide range of sensing functions for applications ranging from agriculture to land use and ocean surveys.
This publication will address the needs of the community of systems developers and users of highly miniaturized airborne and spaceborne systems and components. Developers of these small, low-cost instrumentation, sensor, control and propulsion systems will have a forum in which to share their work with the wider community and further spur additional research, development, and commercialization.
The Special Issue website can be reached at:
TITLE: Innovative Approaches for Measurements in Small Aerospace Platforms
SUMMARY: The IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Aerospace (MetroAeroSpace) is in its 7th iteration. MetroAeroSpace (https://www.metroaerospace.org/ ) addresses many space-related topics important to small satellite measurement systems and applications. The 2020 MetroAeroSpace Workshop is sponsored by the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society.
DEADLINE FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: August 30, 2020
Manuscripts with supporting documents need to be submitted to the portal: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jmass. Authors will need to register with the manuscript system. Once registered, Author Instructions provide the detailed guidelines for manuscript preparation. Note that all authors of a submitted paper must individually link a valid ORCID ID to their personal page on the web-based submission system. Clear Instructions can be found in the submission section of the system. A summary of submissions requirements includes:
- A Cover Letter clearly identifying the paper as a submission for the Special Issue that is an extended version of the original conference paper. Any changes to the author list between the original article and the new submission must be explained with all co-authors (original, new, removed) as co-signers.
- The extended manuscript.
- Details describing how the paper has been technically extended. This is provided as a separate file to be uploaded as part of the submission process
- A PDF copy of the original paper. The original proceedings paper must be one of the references incorporated and listed in the extended paper
- The name of the Special Issue should be included in the upper right-hand corner of every document submitted
- Additional details will be available on the J-MASS information site, https://ieee.j-mass.org, and the manuscript submission portal, https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jmass
IEEE J-MASS has a number of submission policies that align with IEEE and other publications. Please read through them carefully before submitting your manuscript.
Once logged into Manuscript Central (ScholarOne) at mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jmass authors will select the "Author" tab.
The Author Dashboard will show the "Start New Submission" option with a "Begin Submission" button.
Authors will select the type of submission "Special Issue on the 2019 MetroAeroSpace Workshop".